New Millie - what do you like. Old Millie - what do you miss.

I still have my old Millie, but have a new one too.   I love the thread break sensor on the new one with Quilt Path.  I also love that it comes on in stitch regulated mode.  It is taking me a little while to get onto the new handles.  I have down the needle up/down part of it and the start, but seem to want to push needle up/down to stop and it doesn't work that way.  The only thing I miss is the vertical and horizontal locks on the handles when I am doing piano keys, and I am getting used to it being on the front of the machine now.  They are both awesome machines, but I have a feeling I will be upgrading my 2008 too.  The biggest difference for me is Bliss.  I had played with it a couple times at shows, but now that I have used it for a couple weeks, I LOVE IT.  

I think that Angela has summed it up quite well.  I miss the channel locks on the handles when I'm doing piano keys, but love that she comes on and is ready to stitch in SR mode. I don't use the  thread break sensor, so I don't have an opinion on that.  I do love that the on/off switch is now in the middle of the machine.  My 2006 Millie had it at the back.  Even with my long arms, it was a stretch to be able to reach it from the front of the machine.  Let's just say that while quilting one of my own quilts recently, there was occasion to need to turn her off rapidly.  (Darn those bulky seams!)

It sounds as though you are looking at a used machine vs. a new one.  I think that whichever way you go, you'll be pleased with your choice because it's your choice.  Good luck in your decision.

I love my new Millie.  Don't use the thread break or the bobbin sensors, got used to the rattle of the emptying bobbin with the old one.

Missed from the old one, it was quieter, my new one has a hum up from the thread cutter.

Would love a basting stitch as I wore out one of the front toggle switches basting, but have swapped it with a back switch that I  don't use.

Mercedes,

One of the biggest changes that you are going to love is the new lights!  I have played on a 2007 several times lately and the light upgrade in 2008 was awesome.   Plus you can reach the on/ off switch from the front of the machine.  You are going to love your new machine!

Archived