green millie

livismom

Ok, I need to seek your advice again, ladies! We are researching and looking for prices on cert. used, green millies, and new millies.

Does anyone out there have experience with the green millie? Any problems? Do you love it?

I am not going to use the machine for a business, so I'm having a hard time justifying the expense for a "toy". However, I do like the idea of the 3 yr. warranty if we spend a little extra and get new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi iwannamillie! (I love your name!):P

I have quite a few customers that I have sold the "Green machines" to, if you would like talk to some gals that have the machines as daily users, I will be happy to pass their contact info on to you.

Have a great day!:D

Linda "Lou"

Originally posted by iwannamillie

Ok, I need to seek your advice again, ladies! We are researching and looking for prices on cert. used, green millies, and new millies.

Does anyone out there have experience with the green millie? Any problems? Do you love it?

I am not going to use the machine for a business, so I'm having a hard time justifying the expense for a "toy". However, I do like the idea of the 3 yr. warranty if we spend a little extra and get new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello iwannamillie-

I own a Greenie AKA "Bodi Mcghee" and I love him. Bought it in August of 06 and couldn't be happier. Other than the fact that the Millenium decal is Green, I can't tell a differance. It is a new machine in every way. You do get a 1 year warranty with these and as always, APQS service is awesome. Most of the time, the fixes are easy and for me, it's normally user error, not the machine.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I am a newbie, but I absolutely love my machine and would be happy to share with you what I know!

Have a great day and Happy Quilting!

Laura Farnham

HI wannamillie,

I purchased (upgraded from an Ultima1 )to a GREENIE last year (june?) and love it. The only difference between the regular and the greenie is 2 years (warranty that is), but since these machine are so well made you shouldn't have any problems...................If something is gonna go wrong it will happen within the first months or so of usage......

I am very happy with mine.

Feel free to ring me if you have questions

Tish

The Green Millie is an Ultimate I housing that have been used to produce a Millennium. There is no difference between the Green Millennium and a Millennium except the decal is green. Since it is manufactured from a used housing it is sold as used and comes with a one year warrantee.

Our clients that have bought them have been very pleased to get a Millie at a great discount.

Contact your local dealer for more information. Use the dealer locator on the home page.

If you have any questions please email or call us.

John

Thanks for the posititive feedback! My local dealer has been a wonderfu resource and oh, so patient in answering my exhaustive questions, but I was curious how the owners felt about the machines.

I'm very impressed with APQS as a company and have been thrilled with the response and help I've gotten so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamscapes,

Can you clarify your comments, please? Did you buy: 1) used from an individual, never a warrenty since they aren't transferrable; 2) Certified used Red Millie from APQS, three year warrenty; or, 3) Certified used Green Millie, which come with one year warrenty? Would like to know what you believe they aren't standing by. I don't see expecting them to continue to warrenty a machine if it's sold from individual to individual without it having gone through APQS to be checked between owners to make sure that the conditions of the warrenty have not been voided in one way or another. I think I'll just go straight through APQS for a Certified used and I'm wanting Green, just the second things line up so I can do it! :P Really would like to know if you bought certified used from APQS before I go that way.

All used machines bought through an authorized dealer have a 1 year warrantee; this includes the Green Millie which is sold as used. New machines now have a 3 year warrantee.

If you save enough money a good used machine from an individual can be a great buy. If you save a few thousand $ worst case scenario (say a $400 repair) repairs would still be a small price to pay. Do not be afraid of a machine just because it does not have a warantee.

Of course you should inspect the machine, run it and be sure it has not been abused. I see a lot of machines and it is very unusual to see one that has not been well cared for. (Most quilters love their machine and care for them).

John

Archived