Who's going to MQX?

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

This is GREAT! I think purple ribbons on our nametags will be helpful too. I'm in one of Robbie Joy's classes too. I think it might be the Wednesday one. I am so excited to see old friends and meet new ones.

By the way, my time with Freddie has been more than wonderful. He's still here!! :):cool: And, when I come to MQX, he will be going back to Alaska to pack up, have a garage sale, and come back to me permanently. We believe this has been a cosmic convergence. We love each other so much!

Linda

I'll be there but probably just for a day. Loes, I live just south of Boston, actually work there, and have been all over the cape. Let me know what you're interested in and I'll send you a list with addresses and directions. The cape is great this time of year, empty compared to the summer when the traffic can be bumper to bumper. Also, some of my favorite quilt stores are on the cape, minutes away from each other. Anyone going to Keepsake, make sure not to miss the "batik room". Another store that I know well, absolutely worth the drive and the White mountains are beautiful. DB

DB, addresses of Quilting Stores in the Boston / Cap Cod area, woooow!!! That would be great!

Oh, and if anyone has addresses of quilt stores with a computerized longarm system - that would be super!

My husband and I met Sue Patten yesterday again, in the APQS Quilt Booth at Creativa in Germany and she let me play with the Millennium. I showed her the Pre-Design program and she loved it! We made a picture of a quilt she was working on at the show and let her see her how easy it was to trace the photo in Pre-Design, export the quilt pattern to DXF - for future use with CompuQuilter :). That way the pattern is computerized, but it is still her special personal style.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you!

Purple ribbon on the name tag, hmm, have to find purple ribbon. Oh, DB: I definitely need addresses of fabric and notions stores in New England where they sell purple ribbon.

I'm sure I can convince my husband that we really have to visit all those stores, to find the right shade of purple :)

Loes

http://www.pre-design.eu

Loes, Will you be staying at a hotel in Boston or on the cape? FYI depending on where you want to go around either place the distance can be anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours between the cape and Boston. I'll start compiling the list of quilt stores between them. If you get a chance, while still in N.H. try and drive up to Keepsake Quilting, maybe 1.5 hours from Concord. DB

As we are crossing the ocean for MQX, we planned our vacation days around the show. We will fly from Amsterdam to Boston on April 7 and leave from Boston on April 16. We have booked two nights in Boston, 3 nights in the Highlander in Manchester for the MQX and 2 nights at the end of our stay in Falmouth, Cape Cod. So we have a lot of days left to go wherever we like to go.

For me entering a quilt store is like overlooking a scenic route...: those colors, those shades, those fabrics - beautiful :)

Thanks!!

Loes

http://www.pre-design.eu

Guest Linda S

Loes - I will be spending time on the Cape after MQX also. My sister lives in Sandwich and I visit her each time I go to MQX. Don't miss Heartbeat Quilts in Hyannis and Tumbleweed Quilts in Barnstable. Both excellent quilt shops!

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Okay kids! Just a reminder to go out and get a purple ribbon to put on your name badge so we can find each other next week!!

Linda

Originally posted by Linda S

I will be flying into Manchester on Monday evening, April 9, and will be at MQX for the entire time. I would love to meet some of you who will also be there. Maybe we could arrange a time or place for all of us to meet?

linda

I was counting the months, now I am counting the days, soon it will be hours. I am like a kid with a new toy.

There are about 17 of us that I am aware coming from Canada. We will be wearing CMQA pink (I think) name tags. And 2 of our people are Kay and Michael from CircleLord where we will pickup out badges. Of the 17, about 80% are from southern central Ontario. I love this website and would like to meet you all.

Gwen Koller (koolquilts@yahoo.ca)

Archived