Is there is a LA quilting buddy in my area?

My Freedom came yesterday (and today). HOW LOUD CAN I YELL YA HOO? I was just reading Cathey's thread about hers arriving and be set up and it got me thinking. My DH will be putting ours together by the weekend and after that we'll be playing.

Is there anyone in the California City area? We are about 1 hour north of Lancaster, Ca and 1 hour east of Bakersfield, Ca. Iwould love to talk to you when we get set up and before.

Congratulations Cathey. it is crazy funny that you took a pic of the delivery truck. I did too.

Congratulations bobbipatillo! (May I call you Bobbi?) <g> I take pictures of everything! And I do mean everything.

I know just how you feel, and I feel happy for you! Maybe the best thing about getting my longarm is meeting Vick B. We're planning all kinds of quilting adventures. She's about 1 hr. 15 away from me (I think). Wish she were a little closer, but that's not too bad. I hope you find a good buddy near you too.

We drive 30 minutes for groceries, Barstow is not far at all. It will be good to have a buddy who can "show" me how the machine, table and gadgets actually work together. Can you send me your email?

All of you are so great. Your writing about experiences has been great to help me to visualize the art you all do.

Yes, you can call me Bobbi. Someday i'll figure out how to change that part of my profile.

thanks again

:D What a great thread. I have gained confidence in my ability thanks to this site. I amm still a newbie but the pictures on this site have encouraged me to try things I hadn't dreamed of doing. I have had my Millie for about 5 months and now have my very first commission. It is an outdoor winter scene and I know what I will do with part of it, others not so sure but keep getting ideas from reading.

I wonder if there is another buddy in my area? I live on the North Shore in Massachusetts.

Rachel

Millie

Archived