my experience at an APQS class and things along the way

Just wanted to send out kudos for the great workshop on the maintenance class that APQS offers. I have had my machine for about four years and was just winging it without any classes and guessing to know what is the normal for the machine, other than what I have read on the forum and hoping I got it right was my only guide. I just attended the class in September and found it to be really helpful in understanding my machine and how to make it purr. The class made me feel much more confident in troubleshooting problems that may arise and fixing them. I was rather hesitant about the timing of the machine but found it a lot less intimidating than what I thought it would be. Of course Amy made it so simple and did a great job at teaching.  Knowing what to look for or hear is a big key to troubleshooting and working on your machine. Touring and meeting all the great people working at the factory showed the great dedication and care they put into every machine and that is why they are such a high quality product. I even saw a millie that was being reworked after being in a fire (poor thing) so don't ever throw it away just send it back. LOL!  Brenda, (I hope I got the name right) who was working on my personal machine which I took there for the spa treatment and to have the interchangeable foot put on is an attentive and dedicated person. She worked hard to make sure my issues were addressed and fixed. So excited to get it back in a couple of days to try it out. I also had the privilege to meet Dawn, she was there for another students class and joined us for lunch very lovely person and had a great story of how she got into the business. By the way the lunch was yummy and the restaurant was great they even had wine to purchase from the area if you like wine. Well for anyone who is thinking about taking the class I would highly recommend it. Everyone at the factory from the time I walked in to the time I left did a great job at meeting my needs. :D 

Thank you so much APQS!

On another note my husband and I stopped in Lincoln, Nebraska to purchase a distiller from Pure Water another great American made product. They are also a great group of people. We had a very bad experience with a company out of Ohio that sent us a broken distiller and stole our money. His name is Ed Porter  and the company is AA Wholesale so if you have anyone looking for a water purifier beware of this crook. Go to Pure Water and you will be very please with the product and service.

We also went to the International Quilt museum in Lincoln for my birthday ( he is too good to me  :wub:  ) and enjoyed it and I found many things of interest another great place to visit if you are up that way.

Glad you went to the classes and saw the factory.  It is a great place and the people are wonderful. 

What a sweet guy you have to treat you to the Quilt Museum in Lincoln!  How sad it is that I live an hour away from Lincoln and still have not been there.

Archived