repair frogging

So for future reference what is the way to best cover a nick in the fabric be it the back or top? I haven't really frogged any customer quilts but a few of my own and have cut the fabric learning to frog it  and just ended up cutting off the damaged areas and remaking the squares and putting them into the top but I had the extra fabric. not sure what to do about small nicks on something that I don't have extra fabric for.

I do have two small holes.  One in the top and one on the backing.  I think the main problem was ripping black fabric, black batting, black backing, black thread.  It was awful.  I ended up ripping it the old fashioned way.

What I've done is used a bit of fabric glue and that was successful.  However, I do have to use a little black marker to, hopefully, match the color of the fabric. 

I'll also tell her what happened and give her a discount.  I've probably lost her but am trying to do the right thing.

Joan

Fray Check on a small slit will seal the edges and glue it back together, but the repair will be stiff. Another product is June Tailor Fray Block. It seals and dries soft without a dark stain. Third option--Bo-nash 007 Bonding Agent. It's a powdered fusible that you place behind the hole, manipulate the fabric together, and then press to activate.

Why do I know so many products to repair holes? You know why.... ;)

Joan,  Fray Check isn't nearly as good as Fray Block or the Bo Nash stuff..  I threw away the tube of

Fray Check that I had, when I found out about the Fray Block.

I'm not a master, but I've also done this sinful deed of nicking the quilt..  Scares the heck out of me!

Archived