Hey Countrystitcher

Hi Mary Beth; yes, I got my magazine last week and was shocked and thrilled to see my name in print. It is an honor to receive the grant money as I never thought I would have a chance at winning it. I'll be spending most of it at MQS taking hands-on classes with Myrna and Dawn, etc. I would encourage ANYONE to apply next year. It's easy to do, just follow the instructions on the website.

Thank you again for noticing!

God Bless, Sharon.

I'm on the list too...so I had to show my DH that his little 'ole wife made it to a quilting magazine...maybe someday there will be a quilt involved:P

I too feel totally blessed to be on that list. When I first thought about applying I talked myself out of it because I never "win" anything...then when Cathy Franks called to say I "won" I just about jumped out of my skin!!

I also encourage anyone and everyone to apply for these grants. I am able to take a few more classes than I thought I could because of it and I know from the teachers I have selected I am going to gain tons....can hardly sleep at night...wait till June;)

Hey, Mary Beth and Sharon! I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your recognition and grant. I was curious about this grant and you mentioned above about following instructions on a web site but didn't say what web site. Can you give me more info?

Again congrats to you! Wonderful news! :)

Shana

Mary Beth, since I don't have my magazine at work with me, I didn't realize you were one of the winners too -- so congratulations to you too. It's wonderful thing!

Shana, the website is: IMQA.org but when I looked just now they don't have any information because winners were just announced. I'm sure info will be available at a later date, just keep looking.

Sharon.

Yes, thank you Myrna. I am excited to take a couple of classes with you at MQS as well as some other hands on classes that I would not have taken had it not been for this grant. Yippee!! I can't wait...It is going to be so good to meet everyone too. I am saving my nickles and dimes so I can go shopping..hang on to a HF video for me, I'm waiting till the show to buy...I think:)

Archived