I just replaced the flat hopping foot on my Ultimate I machine with a new hopping foot from APQS. I installed it and it works great.

Now I want to order some fancy-smancy rulers. The problem is I don't know exactly what size foot it is and the ruler depends on the foot. The site had rulers based on either 1/2' and 3/4" foot. I am waiting for a call back from APQS but I thought maybe one of you experts knows the answer. :)

What is the standard APQS foot?

Is that size based on the measurement from top to bottom,

or side-to-side? Or is it the inside empty space??

Myrna,

I'm looking at the 60 degree ruler at:

http://www.lovetoquilt.com/longarm_quilting_tools/quilting_60_degree_ruler.htm

And they come in 1/2" for all machines or 3/4" for APQS but I didn't see anything that said 1/4"

Are you sure that the standard hopping foot is 1/4" and what does that measure? Diameter, depth from top to bottom??

I hate to get a ruller and find out that it works for a Gammill.

Linda,

I was told about a year ago by someone at APQS that I needed to order 1/2" rulers. If I remember correctly, the 1/2" is referring to the width of the hopping foot. My hopping foot is 1/4" on either side of the needle for a total width of 1/2", therefore I need the 1/2" rulers. The 1/2" rulers that I have all work great with my hopping foot.

Debbi

Linda,

I recently ordered the specail Ruler Foot for the APQS Ultimate machine and it is quite a bit larger than the modern hoping foot that is currently on the newer MIllies or Gammills. Some rulers won't work with the replacement foot. This is if your Ultimate 1 had the same little flat foot that kind of turned up at the edge like my Ultimate 2 had. I called it a satelite dish foot because it looked like the old T.V. dishes.I wanted certain rulers and I was told it wouldn't work on the replacement foot. Call Gadget Girls and they will tell you which rulers will work.

Archived