Help! My carriage wheels are missing!

Did you call APQS? If they are not in a box...they will ship them. Also, check the boxes as some list the contents of the box.

If I remember...and that is foggy at times...the wheels were on the bars that attached to the carriage and the wheels were on the horiztonal bars that are attached to the machine. The wheels are not floating separately in the box. The carriage was in a separate box inside the machine head box (I think that is where I found it).

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Hi Cheryl,

The carriage came with a set of wheels attached, and then there are two assembled axles that are for the machine itself. My manual talks about 2 wheels that attach now to the fron of the carriage...thats whats missing. I checked all the contents listings on the boxes and they refer only to 2 axles. I checked everywhere and everything multiple times hopeing thy where taped to something, but alas...no such luck.

What a bummer. Thanks for your input. Of course its the weekend and I cant reach APQS till Monday am. Any Genies out there?

The Freedom does not have a rear carriage axle, the wheels mount directly to the carriage. The front wheels are normally mounted (they have the adjusting bolts). The Freedom does not have channel lock and encoder (mounted on rear axle). You are missing the rear carriage wheels. We set up so few Freedoms I can't remember where the wheels are packed. I will bet that the person who packed the carriage was thinking Millennium (rear carriage axle is packed in the head box) forgot to pack the wheels. Call the factory Monday and you should have them by Tuesday.

I wish I had better news.

John

John

Thanks John, you hit the nail on the head. I am missing the rear carriage wheels. I will call them on Monday, but having the parts by Tuesday really is wishfull thinking. I live way up north in a little town in Saskatchewan, maybe I'll have them by next Monday. I bet even Shawna @ the North pole gets better postal service than me.

Thanks for your help. I bet the person who packed it all was thinking Millenium as you suggested. They did a real good job packing, no damage at all considering all 7 boxes switched trucks approximately 5 times. I put my Freedom together and even ran it, soooooo smooth. Cant wait to work with it!

Hi, Monika!

Sorry about the wheels. I'm sure APQS will get those wheels shipped up to you pronto ASAP so you're up & running very soon. They have great customer service. :)

And, don't you just love John @ Country Lane Quilting here on the chat? He's such a great source for advice. Thanks, John! You seem so kind and nice. And, you kinda-sorta remind me of Santa Claus with your beard. ;) Me being up here in North Pole, Alaska, I have seen Santa quite a few times. During summer time at our post office here in town, I've even seen Santa riding around on his motor cycle. He's a real cool dude! :P

Thanks for the kind words. my beard was a little long when that picture was taken. MQS in my Tux last year. I don't normally wear it that long.

We try to help out, some times the techs at the factory are swamped and they don't work in the evenings on on weekends. I know that when the "baby" is down it is hard on the nerves and many quilters only have time to quilt on weekends.

I hope the wheels get to you soon Monika. We have a Freedom with the CQ on it and sometimes it is used without the CQ.

Janet and Mary Quilted for 6 years without a SR and still do not use it all the time.

John

Thanks for your support John, I have found that in the little time I have been involved wiht deciding to buy a machine, researching machines, looking for a used machine, and asking questions on this forum, everyone has been very nice and forthcoming. I got all the answers to my questions, made my purchase and I am not scared to dive right in knowing that there are professionals like you and many friendly LA'ers who are not afraid to help out. I hope in time I will be as knowledgeable as all of you and pass my words of wisdom on to a newbie. It is truly wonderful to have such a support group in a world where no one has time anymore.

Thanks

Archived