I have had my Ultimate 11 for about 4 years now.  When  I bought it, I did not get all the parts to the Hartley fence, so had put off doing anything with it. 

Last week, I decided I would try and find what I needed, so I emailed Myrna Ficken with my phone number and a little bit about what I needed.  The phone rang about 2 minutes later, and guess who;  Myrna Ficken.   She helped me decide what I might need.  She said she would see if she could find the parts. 

I received the parts yesterday, and with the help of the workbook, I quilted a baby quilt today with circles.  Not perfectly placed, but oh so perfect circles.  I am sure I will use this a lot.

I think now, I might try crosshatching.  Have any of you done that with the Hartley fence?

I am 74 years old, recently widowed, marriage of 55 years, so quilting is a great time filler.  My husband passed away last April.  He only lived for 18 days after we found out he had stage 4 lung cancer.  It has been very hard trying to adjust to a  different way of life.

Thanks for listening to me.  With God's help I will be okay.   Shirley

• 1 year later...

I too have the hartley fence which we did not put on when we reassembled a used Ultimate I.  I would like some help in using this device if I can get it back onto the table.  I see videos on the circles but none on the straight line aspect.  anyone know of any videos to help me out.  I have to see it and do it to understand.  Thanks, Sue

Archived