Would love some help

Up next is this Eleanor Burns Pineapple Quilt. Are there common ways to quilt Pineapple quilts?? Motifs to use? I have always loved them, but I guess I haven't paid much attention to how they are quilted. It will be wall hanging, so she wants custom. Her only request is to do quilting in a brownish color in the black sashing to try to tie that together. Any tips will be appreciated!

17403207535_ec6e6c5585_s.jpgMary's pineapple...before by Charlotte Peterson Enchanted Quilting, on Flickr

Hi Charlotte. You can accentuate the circular look of the piecing by placing football/lozenge shapes in the white areas. If you stitch them double, the interior can be filled with scrolls or other fillers. That's the area where the quilting will actually show. The same type of doubled, parallel stitching in the green and gold parts (a pinched square) will offer another area to fill. The double lines will enclose the spaces and really stand out if the batting has some loft---wool, a double batt, or polydown. I think gold thread on all the interior would be stunning.

Archived