Setting Triangles

Does anyone remember the formla used to figure out setting triangles from cutting a square so the outside edge is on straight of grain? I remember seeing this on a show, but of course can not remember what the method of calculation is. I need to figure out both the setting and corner triangles to complete my project. Is there is a book that shows all of these great short cuts? Does anyone know? Any advise/information would be helpfull. Thanks

Read the post....Bias turn hailirous...under "Chat about anything" Some one posted the formula there.

Trudie Hughes had a book published about 15 years ago with a gold color jacket...it has all the formulas you are asking about.

Someone said there is a chart on the web...somewhere.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I've got the pamphlet "102 rotary cut quilt blocks" at home. That's probably not the actual name, but I'll post again when I get home tonight. In the back, it's got all the measurements for setting triangles, standard mattress sizes, how many squares or rectangles of numerous sizes you can get out of a yard of fabric. I couldn't live without that little thing.

Check back here in about 8 hours, I still have to have a "real" job.

Beth

Archived