Problem with vertical encoder

Leida Glez

Hello. I have a 2015 millie; I had to replace the vertical encoder because it stopped working. With the new I have a problem, when I make a vertical sometimes accelerates and becomes smaller stitch, as if the regulator were not set. Horizontally there is no problem and sometimes oblique. I have adjusted the wheel encoder until makes squeak, but I still have the problem. Is there anything else I can do ?. There may be another problem which marred the previous encoder? thanks

There is a very small adjustment screw on the back of the housing. Small allen wrench screw. The gears on the wheel may be catching the vertical lock which causes long and sometimes very small stitches. Just back it out about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn and try it. Zeke.

Call an APQS service tech. I was having tons of trouble with my horizontal encoder wheels. I had upgraded to the M and M wheels but my computer records got locked up after the upgrade and repair a few years ago. I tried forcing the little wheel and the big grooved wheel closer together until they squeeked! No change in the problem. Then 1 day after calling APQS again to buy new little encoder wheels they asked what color my M and M wheels were inside. I told them "yellow". I knew the color because my husband and I had taken the wheels off many times! They told me there was a recall on the yellow wheels...some unspecified engineering problem.....they sent me 8 new wheels, black on the inside. Probably didn't get the recall because my records were messed up. Problem solved and I am quilting right along.

Long story...short answer. Check on the bigger wheel with the groove. It may have a defect.

Archived