Quilting with minky question

I am working on a quilt with a minky backing fabric. I accidently loaded the minky with the stretch between the bars and did not realize it until I got half way through quilting the first row. Should I rip out everything that I've done and start over with it loaded correctly or just keep going? It is a quilt for me that is meant to be a cuddle quilt and not an heirloom that I had planned to enter in any shows. I really love the top though so I don't want to end up with a totally wonky and ugly quilt when I'm finished. Anyone have any tips for quilting minky with the stretch in the wrong direction? Or is it hopeless and I should spend the few hours to rip it all out and do it the right way?

Thanks!

No..don't take it out. Just be careful when you roll the quilt not to stretch it. Don't keep tension on the roller as you advance. .unlock the brake and roll gently. Don't keep the quilt too tight as you quilt. It will be fine.

You should be fine if you keep the back loose. I do it that way all the time.

When you advance the quilt, if the minkie starts to curl on the sides, you have it a bit too tight. If you're using the heavy duty clamps that came with your machine, you might try a paint stick on the side and clamping against it. I changed my clamps to 5.5" OXO chip bag clamps. They are lighter weight and grip the backing over a larger area.

Are you using any batting? That also tends to help stabilize the quilt.

Archived