Fly Fishing Pattern

Melody

Don't know of one...I have seen ones with just fish...but I can create one and digitize it for you as long as you don't need it today or tomorrow. I am teaching a fabric dyeing workshop tomorrow.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

804-556-6662

Its for a quilt that I am making for myself... and I would love to quilt it in a fly fishing pattern... I have the one that Deb has that just has the fish but I would love to have the fly line and the fly in it to. Thanks for offering to digitize it but please don't go to any trouble Cheryl.

See if you can find a copy of Anne Bright's Boys to Men book of quilting designs, or Simply Continuous Quilting. I've done one freehand that I get to use pretty often out here in fishing country but I don't have any way to show it to you. However it's pretty simple and maybe I can describe it to you.

A long, loose wiggle line is the fishing line. Stop and make two narrow wings, move slightly forward of the wings to make a loop for the head then straight back for the shank of the hook, making a U-turn down and towards the front again. Stop, make the barb of the hook. Backtrack along the barb and the hook until you get to the head then take off with more fishing line until you get to the next place you want another fishing fly.

You can make the flies as small or large as you need them to be. You can even get "fancy" and put tails or feathers or any other decoration you want for your specific fly.

That may not be descriptive enough to help, but experiment on paper and then try some. Have Fun. ~~ Eva

Archived