International quilt and Spring Market update

Got back from market late Sunday nite!! I can't begin to tell all we saw and everyone we met - I met Myrna VERY nice!:D I would just walk right up to these famous names and say "HEY" Literally said simply "Hey" and they were like old friends! Got my pic taken with Alex Anderson!:cool: So sweet! Brought home sooooooo much stuff (I had to throw away a pair of shoes in the hotel as could not get suit case closed) We each had two very large and heavy bags to carry on the plane after we checked the overweight luggage!!

I have just completed the 2nd Italian quilt (Applique) with two days to spare!! I started it before we left to market and I have worked on it for three days and very late evenings but I can say with pride that I did it and they LOVE it! (The lable proudly says hand made by me in the U.S.A.) Now that that obligation is met I can now start to unpack my bags and go over all that I was given and purchased at market and begin to wait for the things I ordered to start to arrive!! Not to mention all the samples I get to make for the store!! Is'nt it great how things work out?? Not long ago I had the "Unreasonable boss" delema and that worked out with me back at my favorite store and my great boss taking me to market!!!!:D I am sorry this is so long but I am agin sew very -Sewhappy

Sounds like you had a whirlwind of a trip. I was unable to go. Joann and I were at the Denver show (we had a very successful time!). My friend Christine was there at market with C&T Publishing promoting her new book. Thank you Myrna for taking her under your wing! Myrna, you are the BEST!

I'm so glad that things are looking up for you! You were very busy!

Hey- did you see this quilt? This is the Maple Syrup quilt! I quilted it for Ricky Tims for his spring release of his pattern It was pieced by a nice lady from Missouri (I believe). Just wondering if it was diaplayed.

post--13461898090626_thumb.jpg

Cheryl-

Yes we saw the quilt it stopped us in our tracks!! It was truly beautiful!! I wish that I had known that you quilted it!! I would have made more of a fuss about it!! We got to look close up at it and it was wonderful!! We also got to see Ricky Tims and many more !! The $100,000 quilt challenge was there also!! it was amazing!! The pictures yiou see don't do it justice!

Sewhappy

What an awesome quilt!!!

Love this pattern. Wish I had a closer look at your quilting. It is just beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person.

Thank for sharing it with us Cheryl

Counting down the days till August. Oh I cannot wait!!!!

Archived