I haven't  visited the  forum for a few years, my husband is very ill. Yesterday I turned on my machine, Millennium, and it went nuts. Needle started going up and down full speed without any prompting from me. It wouldn't  stop, had to turn off with the switch.  I moved the machine off the quilt, braced myself and turned it on again, same thing happened. This time I could smell something burning. Turned it off, waited awhile and tried again, same thing happened  and there is definitely  a burning  smell. Unplugged everything and proceeded to start cleaning my studio. Anyway I'm  in need of advice  if you have some for me. I don't  want to  have to keep cleaning. Thanks, Cindy

Is it possible that you had the machine plugged in during a storm?  I hope in the meanwhile, you've had a call into APQS service.  They're pretty good at answering questions over the phone. You might want to unplug it, replace the fuse, and see if that helps.  Otherwise, there might be damage to the circuit boards.

Archived