Loading new design

quiltingterry

Hi everyone, could someone please let me know what is it that I doing wrong? I just loaded a new design from Simply Continuous Quilting, a compuquilter design in the cmd format and when I open my compuquilter and try loading the design it says "Floating point division by zero" and then it won't open it. I have tried rebooting the computer and the same occurs. I reallly wanted to quilt today am unable to continue. I would appreciate anyone's input here. Thanks, Terry

If this is a repeat question, I sincerely apologize - still new here.........

Where is the computer reading? Usually this happens if you had a design you were using on a thumb (jump drive) and removed that drive. I try to install the design on the "C" drive in my CompuQuilter folder. Then tell it to open a new design and browse to where you stored it. You should be able to use the new design. I think what you are seeing is the computer looking for the previous design. Check one of the other 6 patterns on the CompuQuilter screen and see what happens.

Letting Anne know is the right because a friend of mine had the same problem with a design of hers. She talked to Stan. He thought she hadn't finished converting the design or there was a problem in the download. Anyway, Anne sent it again to her via an email instead of a download and it worked fine.

• 1 month later...

I was just talking to Jim about this this morning. It does happen when there is a pattern that was on a thumb / flash drive or even on a CD & the source of the design that has been pulled upto the tabs where designs are readily accessible has been removed. If you put the source back in it will be fine. Or if you load the design to the CQ folder instead of having it on a removable drive source it will stop giving you the error message. You also have the choice of "blowing passed" the error message, if you are going to use a different design. Just click OK. The error will re-appear until you either replace the missing design or load the design to the hard drive.

Archived