Being growled at? UPDATE

lizziesgirl

Help, I have been quilting along just fine today and I've had to stop and help customers off and on, nothing unusual. Then all of a sudden I come back to the machine and it sounds growly. You know the sound that the thread cutter makes only all the time when I'm sewing, when I stop it stops. I blew out the lint, wasn't much, oiled good, still its growling. I don't have time for a break down :(.

What's happening?

hmmmmm! That sounds odd. If it were the thread cutter it seems it would make that sound even if the machine were standing still. I am assuming you have already checked out the thread cutter and it isn't stuck or loose. How about unpluging and repluging the connections. It just might be something is stuck or out of whack somewhere and this would break the circuit?? Just a thought.

I think the need to repack the grease sometimes just happens when things settle. I had to repack grease when my machine was fairly new - maybe it got an air bubble or something during shipping. You don't have to be real mechanical to do it. As I recall APQS will send you grease and instructions if that's what they think is wrong.

When mine needed repacking, I could hear the sound more if I stuck my head down near the bobbin.

Hope you get it solved soon.

Hi Sheryl,

Re-packing the gear box was really quite easy. I had my DH help me get her machine head off the table, and turned upside down, then I was on my own. I think it's frightening to think about, but really pretty easiliy done. Let us know how you turn out.

Beth

Archived