Perfect Quilter

I just used Perfect Quilter thread by Superior on a quilt and loved how it turned out. It's not a recommended thread for the la but it looks so pretty when done. Has anyone else used it on the longarm? What are your experiences with it? King Tut is pretty but it sure tends to break.

I threaded up the millie, loaded Bottom Line in the bobbin and stitched a test stitch. Right off the bat it was perfect.

Still new to this wonderful craft,

Judy Z

Millie owner

I haven't used perfect quilter...but I have never had a problem with King Tut breaking...it quilts beautifully on my millie and liberty. When working with King Tut do you use a 4.0 needle and loosen the tension a little? I usually use So Fine in the bobbins. I do have problems with Alex Anderson's thread breaking yet I know another person who says it quilts with no problem on her millie.

You mean Mythical Perfect Quilter? Shoot. I thought we were going to have a fun discussion about how there is NO perfect quilter, LOL! Well, sounds like you've found a great thread for your art. If it works, use it, I say!

Now, about that Mythical Perfect Quilter.... if there is no perfect quilter, then there can be no perfect quilter thread, right? So maybe it worked so fine for you because it was a mythical thread you were using? ;):D:D

Oh dear, now you guys are gonna throw me outta here! :mad: (No, I'm NOT mad, LOL!)

Ha ha ha. I love it Patty. Being new to this I sure am NOT the perfect quilter. I do love the thread though.

Using King Tut, I use a 4.0 needle and I loosen the tension until I get loops on top, then I start to tighten it. I use Bottom Line in the bobbin. One of these days I will use a day to play some with this thread, but for now I'm on my tenth charity quilt and fifth one for "real" that isn't for me and I don't have the time to mess with it. LOL. Someday.

Judy Z

Archived