Portable Stand for Photographing

Sherry: Here's the one I use:

http://www.adorama.com/BMSSPS.html?searchinfo=Savage%20Port%20a%20stand&item_no=1

I've had it for 2 years and it works great. When not in use, it hardly takes up any room. If you use it outside, you may need to use some sand bags or something heavy around the legs. A gust of wind can catch the quilt and send everything toppling over.

Price hasn't changed in 2 years either! :)

Judy,

You should get an endorcement bonus from thesecompanies. I'm sure the chair biz place did and this photography place will see a huge anomaly in their sales following your helpful hints. We quilters really appreciate the information. It truely makes our lives easier.

To address the question of good pictues. I saw on webshots pictures of Sherri's set up. She has a spotlight looking thing that she has attacted to the ceiling to illuminate the quilting. That's a good idea if you have the room to take pictures inside.

Donna

• 5 months later...

I bought one locally for the less than I could have online, just check photographic suppliers.

I made a back drop curtain out of queen size wide cotton/poly (drape lining and made it very long so the quilts never have to touch the ground. Plus hides all the things behind of your personal life. (kids clutter ex.)

I also borrowed permantly 15 lbs of weights for each leg, I would hate for it to fall over. I tied them to the weights and then to the legs.

Judy is correct, they fold up nice. At a quilt show they had securing clamps that would attach to the quilt for $2.50 each, but Menards had them for $0.99, and I plan to add them to the metal shower curtain rings to hang it on the rod.

Debbie Rolek

• 3 weeks later...

Archived