WOOHOO! FreedomSR is up!!!

My homemade technician DID it! Everything from hydraulics to motorized feed! The Hartley fence is attached as well.

He took it step-by-step over the weekend - page by page in the manual. We started on Friday evening and finished up last night - Sunday. We took many "bites" and did not try to tackle the whole "meal" at one time.

HE IS A KEEPER and I am grateful.

Now it is my turn. Need to load up my practice muslin and START working my machine. The thread on "adjusting the wheels" is of interest to me. When the wheels are adjusted to show air, the machine feels stiff and I am unable to make circular motions. However, when we adjust the wheels so that it feels smooth and moves freely, I can see that the inside top of the wheel is resting on the rail. I think I need to load up my practice piece, to get an accurate read on these wheel adjustments.

Thank you ALL for your encouragements - better get off the computer and onto FREEDOM!

Hawaii Barbara

Barbara, remember to adjust the wheels so that it feels good to you! Those pictures are good and really can help people see and adjustment, but the final test is..how does it feel driving. Let us know if you need anything! Congrats on your machine!! :P:P

Take care,

Archived