New Wheels/carriage fix

I appreciate the responses from Bob and Connie. Point taken that we need to do all that we can to make our machines work as well as possible. Connie, if you will check your log (or memory banks, lol) you will see that you have talked to Terry from QUILT, Ink several times in reference to our problems. For the record, she is meticulous about maintenance. In reference to the current problem, she has adjusted, measured, cleaned, adjusted, adjusted, adjusted, etc. In fact, for the better part of a week she spent as much time under the machine as stitching on it. Coincidentally that's when the wheels because available and we ordered them as a last ditch effort.

This isn't a keeping up with the Joneses thing as was suggested. That's a ludicrous assumption. We run a business with the bottom line towards making money and the policy is "if it isn't broke...don't fix it!"

I fully understand that many machines have been used for years with little or no problems. Ours started out that way, but as time went on it because increasing difficult to do quality quilting because of the inability of the head to move smoothly. If you haven't experienced it, you simply don't understand how the head is affected.

I also understand that there is an occassional "lemon" in every manufacture. My only point is that we have a machine that did not work due to defects in the materials used it it's manufacture. To me that is a problem with quality control and not user setting or maintenance.

If I leapt to the incorrect conclusion that there multiple machines affected, I apologize for that. It's still my opinion that in the case of a manufacture failure, a part should be supplied by the company to correct the problem. I don't consider it an "upgrade" as was also suggested in the computer analogy; that's another matter altogether.

I have not said in any post that APQS has inferior products, quite to the contrary, we like our machine, BUT that any machine can have isolated problems that require a "fix".

Respectfully and FINALLY

Kathy Hoverson

Hi Kathy,

Do you work with Linda Kate? I just was posting, as she has been posting and I really need to talk to her!

I see you got your machine in Dec. 01. Have you the new soft-mounts and wheels? Is everything working o.k.?

If not then please call me and I will get things taken care of for you!

I'm sure you are doing a Great job taking care of your machine, and as in anything, machines do have troubles and need tweaking from time to time..

I can promise you this, I will get things figured out for you, if you would call me!

If anyone has any info on Linda Kate, would you let me know?!

Thanks

churst@apqs.com

800-426-7233 ext.6

Mostly what I think has already been said here but since I'm in a hotel and bored, I'll speak!:P

My Millennium arrived in July, 04 and yes, I wish it had been equipped with the new wheels but it was not.

And, while I'm not saying that the older model wheels are perfect . . there well may be some defective wheels out there, I can say that for three or four years I have used the older model wheels with great success, including ease of movement and smooth curves. I did tinker with the wheels until I got them right where I wanted them and I wax my rails often (I know APQS doesn't recommend waxing as much as I do it but it works for me).

Connie,

In answer to direct questions...

I have no idea who Linda Kate is.

Terry has called you repeatedly and you have talked her through everything from adjusting the wheels originally, resetting timing to repacking the grease! She talked to you about the drag. She ordered the wheels through you.

Everything is working correctly after the retrofit.

I left a message on your voice mail. Please contact us at your convenience and talk to Terry who runs the machine or to Kathy who pays the bills <grin>.

I posted about my channel lock problem last week. I have had my Millennium since May 28, 2004, and have ALWAYS received timely, attentive support from either Connie or Mark at APQS. I have attempted to correct my problem with Tech Support's support on occasion. (that sounds funny) I knew the machine was tough to drive, so when nothing else worked, I just loosened my wheels way off and could not use the channel locks and then it glided fine. It was only after attending training at APQS and using the showroom machines that I realized just how significant my problem was.

I posted a comment to observe that I too have been experiencing the same problem, not to offend anyone here or to impune the APQS reputation.

I hope we all recognize that it is necessary to share our concerns about our machines here so we can get the information and support that will ultimately correct problems.

I do not believe that new wheels are the "silver bullet" for channel lock problems. I agree with APQS that some of the newer aluminum is warping perhaps due to variations in manufacturing or curing... who knows. This is an issue beyond the company's control. My husband welds and fabricates on old hot rods and he has been complaining about an increase in impurities in metal rods for over 2 years. I am willing to do whatever APQS suggests to fix this.

Shortly after my post, I received a call from Connie offering her assistance. Enough people posted their concerns here allowing APQS to investigate this problem which led them to a solution. APQS is working with me to correct my warped axles. If you have a problem that sound like these noted here above, please call Connie or Mark and get it fixed.

AND- Just because you or I are not experiencing a problem with our machine does not negate the fact that our neighbor may be at this very moment and it does little good to attack their character. We should support eachother.

Finally, Support is what I take from this website every time I am here. The many wonderful, thoughtful posts left daily inspire me and encourage me to continue. The employees at APQS are all very supportive, every one. I just adore Bob, Connie, and Mark and you could not find three nicer, more agreeable people to speak to in a time of need. This company is all about support. They really care about us all and they care about our quilting success.

Happy Quilting everybody, let's all have a great new month!!!:)

Archived