What are your favorite patterns & fabric?

What are your favorite quilt patterns? Talking about the tops themselves, not the machine quilting pattern. My two favorites are the Log Cabin and New York Beauty. I am envious of those who do beautiful applique. I have never mastered it.

My fabric choices vary by what is in my hand when you ask! I collect 30s fabrics but I also have a lot of Kaffe

Fasset, talk about a swing in the pendulum. Lately I am drawn to those huge florals in girly colors, a total opposite from when I first started quilting. Back them I tended to stick with safe generic choices. Old age can be so liberating:-)

Jeanette,

Irish Chain, single,double & triple. Two colors or scrapy. My best tops have been of this pattern.

I have been playing lately with one block quilt tops like the Kaleidoscopes in the book, One Block Wonder.

Yes,yes! old age is very liberating.

Happy Quilting!

Carmen

Jeannette-

So many of my favorites are based on my mood. But I cannot resist Metalics!! Batiks!! 30's prints!! Conversationals!! Flannels!! Brights on Blacks!! Florals!! Always seem to be drawn to Moda!! Have you seen the new Alex Andersson line? Beautiful!! Patterns? Again depends on my mood!! (True Gemini) Whatever strikes my fancy at that moment I will buy it or design my own!! We are so lucky to have so many options out there for us!

Sewhappy

Archived