Reverse Stitch Button does not work on fashion fabric

Hello,

I'm a new member and very frustrated. I have a Bernina Patchwork Edition 140. When pushing the reverse stitch button the needle stays in one place and goes up and down, it will not go into reverse. Upon letting go of the button, the stitch length goes into a basting stitch automatically. I've had the machine cleaned recently and the repair person says that the machine works for him!! Of course, when he sews on the little piece of muslin, the reverse stitch works. I'm going crazy because I don't know where to get help. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you so much--Barbara

Barbara -- Will it work correctly with any fabric other than the one you are trying?

If you turn the machine off and then back on, will it sew correctly in the forward direction before you press the reverse button? Does the stitch indicator on the front of the machine actually show a change to the stitch either by changing the SL to a long stitch or showing a basting stitch indicator after you release the reverse button? If so, it sounds like a computer board or feed motor problem.

Johnmach

Barbara,

Go find your manual....Bernina's have TWO reverse settings....one that will actually move back and forth and one that will only go up and down to tie off the starts and stops. You will need to look at your manual, as I don't have one in front of me to check out how to reset your reverse choice.

Archived