Leaders on a machine facing backwards

smudges

Hi! My brand new Millie arrived today - yay!!! I am so excited and have so many questions for poor Sue so I thought I would ask this one here :)

I am almost done with the assembly, I am up to the hand wheels. Now in typical "me" fashion I am being difficult and desperately want the right end of my machine against the wall instead of the left. I don't have the fabric advance feed thingy. I want to have my hand wheels and brakes on the left hand side leg, but I gather that if I just turn the bars around so the spindle goes through the left side instead of the right side my leaders will be facing the wrong way. Is it OK to take these off and reattach them to the pole in the opposite direction? Is there anything else that will become an issue with the rollers in backwards?

Thanks!

Susan in Australia

Hi Susan--

I am not in my studio so I am trying to visualize--you want to move the brake to the left side by turning the bar around? After you do that, unfurl those leaders and simply reroll them the other way. Mine are taped on, but even if they are glued on, simply rerolling them the other way will be OK--you only need them fastened on. As they are rolled, any lumps or bumps will be way inside and not cause enough distortion to be a bother. Hope this helps.

I'm gonna head out to my room and check out to see if it would be possible to just detatch everything from the roller and move them down without removing the roller. I'll get back to you if I can figure something out.

Thanks! I have the poles turned around, brakes and hand wheels on, "play" fabric loaded, machine threaded and plugged in to the transformer, and am just about to flick the switch!

Had no major problems Sue, well nothing that a good nights sleep didn't fix, and my list of questions for you for next week is rapidly shrinking as it all fits into place :)

Thanks!

Susan

Archived