Stand Alone Bobbin Winder

I hope this is the right place to ask this question, if not I apologize.

I got a stand alone bobbin winder when I got my machine. My problem is that it does not wind evenly. Any suggestions? I have tried everything I can think of, with no luck.

I currently use my DSM to wind bobbins or buy prewound bobbins. It would be nice to figure out how to use the bobbin winder and get consistant results.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give me.

Ema

Ema:

There are several adjustments you can make. The one I have has two screws -- the Philips kind. One is behind the big round thing that turns and one is in front of the tension gizmo. Then there's a straight screw straight down from the tension gizmo. All of these screws (I think) allow you to move things around when they are loosened.

If your stand alone winder is similar to mine, some of those adjustments should solve the problem.

Even with everything that Judy said I still use my index finger and thumb to guide the threads evenly across the bobbin area and it keeps the knots from forming then the thread comes off the spool wrong. (Sometimes the thread companies get the threads on the cones to come off wrong for what we need them.)

If you ever have a spool of thread that seems to throw itself when you are sewing, there is a good chance its been wound wrong and it needs a nylon sleeve to keep if from flipping.

Bonnie

Archived