"Just For Me" - A New Division

Hi all,

I know we have some people on this forum that are quilting for themselves and not for customers using smaller machines. I wanted to pass along this information about a new division that has been created at MQS 2008.

Machine Quilters Showcase has created a new division that is dedicated to those of you who quilt using a machine on a frame just for yourselves and your family. In other words, you are not in business for profit. We are calling the new division "Just For Me" and we have classes scheduled with you in mind as well as 3 new quilt categories 'just for you'! More detailed information about the classes and quilt categories will be printed in the show catalogue.

If you don't already get the show Classes & Events Catalogue and would like to receive a copy my mail, please send your name and mailing address to: catalogue@imqa.org by October 7, 2007. After that date you may request a catalogue by sending your address and $2 to MQS Catalogue, PO Box 419, Higginsville, MO 64037.

Don't forget that IMQA Members only will be able to register for classes beginning December 1, 2007.

If you have questions, we try to help.

Thanks,

Carol Wiles

IMQA Office Manager & Membership Chairperson

MQS Quilt Chairperson

finalstitch@yahoo.com

www.imqa.org

800-980-9505

I bought my machine "Freedom" at the last MQS - just for me and my addiction! It is set up and running beautifully (thank you very much, Amy).

I am interested in this "new division" and am wondering if you have any other info - classes specific to this?

If my quilting improves within the year, maybe I will break out Karen's wonderful book"Quilting for Show" (lots of great inspirational info) and enter a quilt - a little scarey at this point (still needing more ppp)!!!

Excitedly looking forward to the next MQS...

Hawaiii Barbara

Good morning Barbara,

I'm glad to hear that your machine is up and running and that you are having fun. "Your addiction"! That is funny!!

Since you attended MQS last year, you will be getting the catalog shortly with the information regarding all the classes. My suggestion is, (of course you will wear the cover off the catalog - I always do), figure out the classes you want to take and as soon as you can register, do so. These classes tend to fill up fast, I bet these new classes will be no exception.

And as always...find the APQS chat group and say "Hi". We all had a blast last year, and this year will be even better. We are going to have a plan this year!! No more wondering around town lost....:)

Hi,

I will be teaching a class at MQS2008 (also in the new Just for Me division) about how to get inspired and how to draw your own patterns (pantos and motifs). My class is called "In your dreams... you can create your own quilting patterns".

It will be a fun and active class, enabling you to draw any quilting pattern you can imagine! I will be showing lots of tips and tricks to create truly new and personal quilting designs - even if you think you can't draw!!.

So, hope to meet all of you :)

Loes

Hi Loes,

We look forward to having you teach at MQS and I really hope that i can sneak away and take a class from you. I have your program and have enjoyed putting some designs into CQ with it.

Hope to see more of you at MQS.

Carol Wiles

IMQA Office Manager & Membership Chairperson

MQS Quilt Chairperson

finalstitch@yahoo.com

www.imqa.org

800-980-9505

(running 2 Millies - one with CQ when there is time!)

Archived