bobbin case stuck

I have a Millie with CQ----The bobbin area was cleaned this morning. I\'ve been quilting all day. The bobbin thread ran out. So I pulled out the case. The bobbin stuck in the machine. With a little coaxing of the wheel back and forth, I got it out. Didn\'t see anything to be a problem (must of been hiding). I put the new bobbin and case in, but didn\'t hear the click...and cannot remove the case or bobbin. OMG. Naturally I was working on a Christmas quilt for tomorrow morning. This has never happened before. Any ideas. I\'ve been moving the wheel and playing with the bobbin at the same time. I didn\'t see a post that discussed this to help. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hi Deb,

Yes, I have had that happen to me. It really rattled me. I just kept fiddling with it. Like you, I listen for the click.

If your machine cycles the needle down/up when powered off/on.....I would not power it on until you get that bobbin case out. It may just be a millimeter off but just enough to burr-up your case if the needle hits it.

Take a break and come back and fiddle with it. It will come out.

My dear son helped me out. The bobbin latch broke off, then he used a flat head screw driver and popped out the bobbin case (and bobbin) using the screw on the side as a leverage point. Oh well, one bobbin case down. Thank goodness I have a spare bobbin case.

I\'ll have to check t out further and make sure it was the bobbin case and not something in the machine.

Archived