HELP, with Side Winder

Can anyone with a Side Winder bobbin winder, tell me how to fill a bobbin from a cone? So far, I've been unable, and certainly will NOT be buying bottom Line and Sew Fine on small spools, just to fill a bobbin.

I need a color other than I have in prewound and I only have it on the cone.

HelPPPP Please???

Rita

I\'ll try that, Cathy, many thanks.. This thing leaves a LOT to be desired for use with quilting machines.

Now, if I can find the tall thing.. cone thread guide I guess it is?

Hope it helps.. I just went brain dead.. usually can figure these things out.

RitaR

Well, it\'s not the best solution.. but it worked after a fashion.

It wants to bounce off the box and the thread really doesn\'t feed smoothly.

Still doesn\'t load evenly without help.. so need 3 hands.

I wasn\'t sure I was going to get the bobbin off.. it doesn\'t have any slot in it for the winder spring to fit in.

RitaR

Hi Rita,

The other thing I discovered, (realize not everyone will have one, but will toss the tip out there anyways). If you have a feather weight sewing machine, the bobbins also fit on the bobbin winder, use one of those cone holders, set that on the table behind the machine, pass your thread through the usuals, and wind bobbins that way also. I checked to see if the bobbins would fit on my Janome 6500 spindle, was a no go.

midnite

thanks midnite, I don\'t have a fw, but do have an old Singer. With the embroidery going on with the Viking, I just don\'t have room to set it out and see if it will wind these.

My sewing room really is rather small.

Thanks for help..

RitaR

Archived