my mille re-threads herself!

Well, sort of....This is just the strangest thing. I have talked to APQS about it, but nobody has heard of this before. I took this picture tonight for "proof" that I am not crazy!

If any of you can figure out how this happens, PLEASE tell me. Starting at the thread guide above the needle, the thread then goes through the hopping foot (but not through the needle eye). This thread is the one you see laying on the fabric just in front of the line of stitches. The thread goes under a stitch, back to the eye of the needle and then back to the fabric, where it becomes the line of stitching.

It does sound like I am crazy when I read this, but that is what is happening! The machine is threaded properly. I stitched just fine in another area of the quilt before this happened, but this ONLY happens in the early part of a newly loaded quilt. ????? After a few minutes of quilting, I have no more problems....until the next quilt.

I am giving up for the night. The picture keeps getting deleted from my posts, and my mille is "supposedly" re-threading herself. I think I need some rest.

If there is anyone left who isn't yet convinced that I am insane I am determined to get the picture posted so you can see what I am talking about.....tomorrow.

My ULT II does this also as well as my Janome, never thought about it, just was a slow me down thing that I had to contend with. :o Not sure what causes it and like you mentioned it doesn't happen often, but it sure looks like it rethreads itself.

Bonnie

Deanna:

My UltimateII does this too! I thought I had just messed up something or needed to change my glasses. Like you said it is only when I start out (and not everytime) then things run fine. The only thing worse than trying to understand the LA quilter is trying to understand the computer. :P

I'll stick with my quilter, it at least produces nice results.

Teresa Jordan

SilverThreads Quilting

Archived