Inventory

Denise-

You are going to get alot of differnt answers from your inventory question. I would recomend you ask YOUR tax man what he thinks you should do. He will know your current situation and & can advise you with what works best for you!! Believe me I found out the hard way. She was telling me what worked best for her and I followed her advise and lost out on ALOT of other deductions!

Sewhappy

You don\'t have to do inventory unless you have $1M in sales or more (don\'t we wish!). So - record your Cost of Goods Sold (the price you paid for the batting, thread, etc, that you USED) under Supplies under General Expenses on Sched C.

I have a separate charge for thread used, and for batting, so I know how much I used on customer quilts. If you haven\'t tracked this, you can figure what you used by taking (starting inventory plus purchases) minus (ending inventory plus personal use).

Hi ladies,

thank you very much for your answers....I did end up doing the inventory anyway and it wasn\'t as difficult or time consuming as I thought, so even if I didn\'t have to do it, I have a good record of what I had this year versus what I will go through and keeping track.....Thanks again! Denise

Archived