Wilcox/Gobbs Chainstitcher for Sale

I bought it on ebay after reading about how great they are for attaching quilts to leaders. Honestly, I am still pinning. It is still unopened in the box from the seller! I also bought the control foot pedal to go with it--also unopened, and a package of needles too. I have a serger if I ever do get around to chainstitching, so it is up for sale, all in the boxes and unopened and in the same condition, which was guaranteed by the seller. Machine, foot control and needles. If you are in the PDX area, you can pick it up or I can deliver it. Otherwise it will go UPS. Send me a U2U. You can check ebay for the value if you wish.

Nancy

Ok, here is the deal on the Wilcox Gibbs. I do not know if it is perfect or not. I talked to the seller twice before I bought it. Very very nice lady. Was thinning out her antique machine collection. She assured me it works nicely. Pointed me in the right direction to get the foot control. She even knew which one to get and how to get it. I would say she knows her machines. Then she pointed me to needles. As I said, with her 100% feedback, and her knowledge, I had not hesitation in purchasing the machine. I am going to only ask exactly what I have into it for all three items: $160.07 plus shipping and insurance. I would also offer your money back if for some reason it truly does not work. Ripping people off in this small quilting world is never a good idea. LOL Anyway, you would ship it back to me, I would immediately refund the money. Cuz, you see, that\'s the way I am. If you want to check shipping prices, the main box is 19 lbs 18x12x15 coming from 98686. Add insurance. The second box and the needles could easily fit in one of those priority mail bags so it would be pretty cheap, what $4 or something like that. Any questions, feel free to contact me at nineva@adelphia.net. I am out cleaning my studio so only available off and on.

Nancy

P.S. Marie, you may be right. I actually like pinning so I probably never will chainstitch anyway.

Oh Mary Beth, that is funny as I have one of those Featherweight beauties too. I actually LOVE it for quilting classes. it is so light and easy to take with me. The stitches are fabulous. Wow, I did not realize the chainstitchers were going for so much on ebay. I did a search under completed listings but it did not bring that one up. Wow, guess I am lucky it did not sell for my asking price of $160.07!! Maybe I can use the extra money for fabric. Or thread. Or batting. Or rulers. Or, yeah you get the point. Thanks for the info, Mary Beth. I appreciate it. Just one more thing I love about this group.

Nancy Jo

Archived