I have a question

Hello everyone,

I will be purchasing a longarm probably in about 6 more months. I went to the Road 2 Ca quilt show and tried out the Millie and the A-1. I still haven't made a decision, but I was leaning more towards the Mille before I arrived at the show, my question is this. When I was trying out the Millie it was harder to maneuver than the A-1. They both were in SR mode. I am really interested in using this machine for my own quilts and not as a business. I really love the feathers and am more interested in the free hand quilting. She did turn off the SR on the Millie and that made it easier. So, do you turn off your SR when you are doing custom work (feathers, etc.) and if so what would you use your SR for?? I would really appreciate your opinions.

I had never tried the A-1 before the Road to CA show this weekend and while I love my Millennium, the A-1 did seem smoother to me too. It seemed way easier to backtrack over the same stitching, which is my test for smoothness of operation. I used a Gammill at a shop while here and the one I used wasn\'t smooth at all!

Hi Judy

Try shortening your stitch lenght on your Millenium and seeing if you like the feel of that better. I make mine as small as I can, slow way down and I can replicate each and every previous stitch I have made. A-1 does feel very light weight, sometimes too much so for my likes. I have owned and used both machines and rather like the fact that all we have to remember is to turn it on, engage the SR and quilt !!

Originally posted by JudyL

I had never tried the A-1 before the Road to CA show this weekend and while I love my Millennium, the A-1 did seem smoother to me too. It seemed way easier to backtrack over the same stitching, which is my test for smoothness of operation. I used a Gammill at a shop while here and the one I used wasn\'t smooth at all!

Archived