Ultimate II

I have an older 2001 Ult II machine with the original foot. It is really hard to do ruler work with this. I saw a topic (which I cannot find now for the life of me) by Michaelalan and he was discussing a rubber stamp positioner and had a photo of his machine. The foot on this machine was much different from mine and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get this type of foot.

I changed my spoon foot for the 1/4" foot around $65.00 but worth every penny...There are 2 makers of these feet for the UII, just type in Ultma II 1/4" foot, you\'ll find them....I suggest upgrading to the 1/4" foot, you\'ll love it and the new toys you will be able to use are great. My accuracy on freehand went up 100%, this foot makes it easier to see where you go and have been. Bonnie turned me onto this foot last year and I\'ve never went back,,,, I also have a hopping foot for my UII, but I prefer this foot, the hopping is distracting to my eye and causes me to have headaches after a little quilting. I think APQS sells it for $44.00, look under parts on this site.:cool:

Michaelalan is the foot sparkle has the link to the one you purchased? I too do not like the hopping foot as I also get headaches from it. It says 1/2" foot is that the same? Sorry but I am new to all of this and I appreciate your help.

I called APQS and they told me they do not make an adapter foot even though is shows one in the parts listing. She said it was a misprint.

The rubber stamp rule is more for 1/8" spacing with the quilting, you would probabally like the 1/4" thick for doing sid and possibly some of the other 1/4" templets with curves. I really like the stacking clamshells from quilters rule also.....Their easy to use but you will need an extended base to use the rulers effectively. I was lucky enough to have my mother have one made for my machine when she was learning to quilt on it. Her friend a Machinest counter sank the holes that match up with the throat plate, I have one from metal and one from plastic, both work well, the plastic one it thicker and I use it for low loft batting, but the metal one works just as well....I use the tape to cover the screws cause I was using an acitate lining that snagged on the heads of the screws.:cool::D

post--13461899234775_thumb.jpg

Thanks Michaelalan. My dad made me a base out of plexiglass very similar to yours. I tried it using rulers with the spoon foot but it did not work very well so I gave up. I will now dust off the base, get myself the new foot and try again. I think I will try to rubber stamp ruler also. Thanks again for all your help and photos.

Thanks Michaelalan! I\'ve had nothing but 100% positive responses to this foot! When I owned my ULT II, it was aggravating to not be able to use any of the rulers on the market. It was, do a panto, or do freehand and wing it.

Now, the possibilities are endless thanks to my hubby! I just wanted to be able to share this with all the other ULT II owners out there, so they too can expand on their quilting possibilities.

Quilt ON MICHAELALAN! Your work is FAB honey!

Archived