thread guides

I\'ve been watching Sharon Schamber and love her idea of using fishing guides as thread guides. I married a man who loves to fish so we had lots of guides to pick from. I attached these to my Millennium with silicone caulking and they sure have made thread tension easier to deal with. I haven\'t tried King Tut again, but every other problem thread in my stash is working great now. I haven\'t been able to find a needle bar thread guide though. The dealer she recommends does not have a needle bar thread guide that consistently fits on an APQS machine. He said they are testing some things with our machines but find the diameter of the needle bar to vary between machines. He sent me two to try and neither one worked. Has anyone added a needle bar thread guide to their machine? If you have can you share what worked for you?

I am so impressed with the difference using more thread guides have made that I really want to try this final guide on my machine. It lines up the thread with the long groove in the needle, sitting just above the point where the needle is set in the needle bar.

Owned by a Millenium,

Hi Heidi.

I can\'t post a picture right now, but I added two between the back of the machine and the tension and one between the take up lever and the first machine guide on the right side of the machine. I put them a hands distance apart. Hope this helps.

Did you find a needle bar thread guide?

I have my guides but have not installed them yet either...I\'m so visual, I\'ve asked for pictures, but now one has been able to post them yet. i also emailed Jason from Ed Raichert, Inc. and he is suppose to be getting something next week. He seems to be working very hard on this, says he has had lots of requests. Sherry has a source for whatevery it is she uses...she has listed it on her post under the APQS help.

Archived