command button on right mushroom

I\'m a newer Millie owner. I recently discovered (quite by accident and thankfully did not sew my fingers) that my command button on the right mushroom stays on! I leaned forward and accidently hit the blue button. Thankfully I didn\'t have my fingers nearby because I was also moving the machine at the same time. So anyway, all the buttons on the right mushroom will work no after I have pressed the command button and have let it go. The machine will stop if I press the blue button again, but will start right up with just pressing the blue button. Obviously this is a major safety issue. So what do I look at or adjust?

John is right..if you have the CQ and it is on, it is programmed to hold the command button on as to be able to do the one stitch feature automatically. When the CQ is off then you should be back to manual where you have to hold it in to make the functions work. Hope that helps and makes sense. :)

Take care,

Latest update on my command button issues:

A fellow Compuquilter user e-mailed me and informed me that I need to make sure I flip the motor switch on the front of the machine to the off position even though the CQ is not turned on or hooked up. Apparently the motor switch takes over the Command button even though I\'m not using CQ at the time. Interesting! This should be in an owner\'s manual somewhere. If it is, I can\'t find it. Any way, problem solved and my fingers are once again safe!

Janet in MI

Archived