Question on George

MleS

So far I have just used a make-up blush brush to sweep him out. I can still get under the table to do something, just can\'t see well there. It is nice that the acrylic table can be seen through, but still not great.

Hopefully, the future designs will take that cleaning need under advisement. It seems like you shouldn\'t have to take off screws, and washers everytime you need to clean. Especially seeing how easily they can be lost. And why does it need to be screwed down? hope they can come up with a more convenient method.

Hi Nether-in-law and Myrna,

Thanks for answering. I have used the canned air but I

didn\'t know if that was enough.

I do agree with Nether-in-law that something should

be done to help with the maintenance.

Emily

I found a small pen light type flashlight in Walmart that was only a couple dollars. This helps me see better when I brush out the lint and to inspect after I have vacumed or used canned air. There are also some bright stick up lights that I have been looking at and wondering if one would be just the ticket to stick up under the cabinet.

Hi,

I use the canned air also---and the can available at most photography shops is cheaper than the one sold at quilt shops--and bigger/more air. Also, if you have any threads stuck in the bobbin assembly and can get hold of an end, either with your fingers or a long tweezers, just move the upper wheel back and forth until the thread comes loose. It usually helps to do this as soon as you notice a broken thread in there.

Claudia Myers

Hi all:

I\'m glad that someone asked that question...maintenance of the bobbin area looks so easy on the DVD but they\'re demonstrating on a machine mounted up on the frame...MUCH easier to get at. I\'ve had my George only a few weeks now and I am climbing under the table with a small flashlight, a roll of paper towels, canned air, WD40 and machine oil. It is uncomfortable and a hassle but George seems SO much happier when he is cleaned and lubricated. I can\'t imagine removing the machine from table each time...the manual says to oil the bobbin hook DAILY. So good to know that you nice people are out there. Best regards, Nancy Arseneault

Archived