length of liberty/discovery machine head

kerri

Hi,

I would like to know the length in inches of the Liberty/Discovery machine head, itself, not including the carriage. I can't find the specs on the site anywhere.

I'm wondering if I could fit it on a frame I have in mind.

Thanks in advance!

Kerri

The length of the Liberty head is 29-30 inches. The Discovery is about the same size I think. The Liberty has horizontal wheels so would not work on another frame other than its own. The Discovery has vertical wheels so I suppose might work on another frame if it were the right size (???).

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for giving me the length. Yes, I'm pretty sure they are the same length.

and Thanks, too for your comments on the Discovery on my other post.

I'm leaning toward getting a more domestic mid arm. I will probably get a Hq 16 or Voyager on the hinterberg stretch frame. I really love the frame.

Having owned the Mille, I love the APQS product, but I just dont' plan on doing machine quilting as a business right now. So, I can't justify spending too much.

But... I thought maybe setting the Discovery head only on the hinty flat carriage frame might work. But the carriage is only 24 " in length, so it is probably a little too long. I'm going to look into it though.

Anyway, that's where a run away mind goes, pondering machine quilting!!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.:)

Kerri

Hi Kerri .

The Liberty and the Discovery both have horizontal wheels, they are the same size. If you go to this webpage you will see the Discovery and the tracking system http://apqs.com/photosd7.htm

Both machines ride on the same carriage. We also have a few previously owned machines which may fit your budget and still get the same great APQS quality and service. You should call and see what is available that would work for you.

Myrna

Archived