How do I reduce picture size?

I amazed myself (and even bragged a little to myself) when my very first attempt at posting a picture succeeded, but then the next picture didn\'t post! That always happens when I gloat! I made several additional attempts before I finally saw the error message about the picture being too large. On another post someone says "I reduced it and reduced it . . . " Can someone tell me how to reduce my picture size?

Thanks.

You need some specilist software. It may come with your camera or you may have to get it elswhere,eg adobe photoshop.. I use ulead photo express which came with our scanner. There was a link posted on here which went to an online resizing site which I used until I found my other software. However I can\'t find the thread now and the search doesn\'t seem to bring it up.

Thanks to these messages and those on a similar thread by crazyboutfabric. It seems I have many and various tools at my disposal on my computer, but I had never learned how to use any of them. I just succeeded in posting a (reduced) picture on another thread, so my problem is solved already. Thanks bunches!

Archived