business insurance help

Jones3327

Would anyone be willing to share with me, either on-list or privately, what company you have your business insurance with, what your annual cost is, and for what $$ coverage? Also, any additional information would be GREATLY appreciated!! I\'ve been trying for weeks to work with a local insurance broker and he seems to be dragging his feet and not really even trying to get information for me. TIA!

I got my business insurance from Grinnell Mutual Insurance: www.gmrc.com.

Unfortunately, my brain is mush when it comes to remembering actual dollar amounts, but I am very happy with the coverage, including the rider that covers my customers\' quilts while they are in my possession. I also added some extra protection through the policy to cover property while I am traveling for business.

Hope they can help you!

Hi Jones,

One of our group posted a very thorough piece about insurance not that log ago. Very informative. Do a search on username = hotquilts and topic= insurance. You may have to scroll down to see the one from Hotquilts.

It starts with:

I apologize for the delay in responding to this posting about insurance. It must have slipped under my radar. Anyway, below is something I have posted on a couple other lists for longarmers and some here might find it helpful as well. Seems this time of year people tend to get their financial affairs in order and questions of insurance start to pop up again.

I went through a lot of agents before I found someone to insure me. I have liability insurance through RLI Insurance Co. (Northeast Agencies Inc). Cost $300 for $500K liability, $5K medical and $50K damage to premises. My insurance agent is Tim Ruggiero at timruggiero@allstate.com. We ended up saying the business was Embrodiery because no one understood what a longarm was. I sent them photos of my machine so they could see it.

Good luck

Julia

Archived