Need help find a thread on Thread

Some where on this site someone posted how much thread they had, an enormous amount, I was in awe. But I think on the same chat someone else had posted a list of threads that was recommended to them to start off with. It was a decent list, with colors listed and I remember thinking that I needed to write the list down for future reference. Of course I didn\'t do that and now I can\'t find the chat. I\'m going to MQX next week and I wanted to bring the list with me. I need more thread like I need more fabric, I\'m set for life, but... If anyone knows the chat can you please let me know, I\'ve gone back multiple pages in several places on this site and can\'t locate it. Thanks, DB

Search In Your Business How much thread is enough. and you will find the thread I think you are looking for. I don\'t know how to pull it back out to todays posts and I don\'t remember which forum heading it was under but it was in the last month for sure. Come see us in the booth at MQX anyone of us would love to go thread shopping with you LOL:P

Sue, Thank you so much. That is exactly the thread that I had been looking for, I hadn\'t searched in "Your Business". It was also your thread collection that I was drooling over! I have already jotted down the suggested list of threads. I think the vendors open Wed evening at 8p, I hope to be able to swing by after my classes. Are you planning on being there? I would love to meet some of my APQS chat friends. Dianne (DB)

DB,

I posted the list of colors to start out with. It is from a beginning class I had with Dawn C. She recommended starting out with 3 shades of the basic colors, 2 cones of each if you wind your own bobbins. The colors she recommended are:

Burgundy, Red, Pink

Navy, Royal Blue, Baby Blue

Sunshine Yellow, Pale Yellow, Orange, Peach

Evergreen, Kelly Green, Pale Green, Olive Green

White, Black Ecru, Grey, Tan

Dark Brown, Camel, Taupe,

Royal Purple, Lavender

Following this advice you have a rainbow of colors and something for just about any quilt that comes in the door. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Debbi

Debbi, That was the exact list that I was looking for. I went back after hearing from Sue, located the list and jotted it down. What brand carries these colors or what would you recommend? Thank you both for your help. DB

Yes I will be at MQX in the booth and teaching classes, so please come by and say hi we just love to see all you from the chat so we can put a face and a smile to the name!!!! Let\'s face it, most of us don\'t even look like our photos posted anymore, we should all up date them once a year ;):cool: Although I had to have someone else post mine because I couldn\'t figure out how to do it.... Hay Mark... do you have any other pics of me you could post LOL

DB,

Superior threads carries all of these colors. That\'s the only thread I use in my machine. I\'ve tried other brands and just don\'t like them. It\'s just a matter of preference. You can go online to see the approximate colors and match up the numbers to the list to get your shopping list for MQX. Have fun!! I don\'t know if you are flying to MQX or not, but I know from experience that a whole lot of thread can fit into a carryon bag!!

Debbi

I have only had a couple of customers, but I have already gone through a whole box of white bobbins, a whole box of ecru bobbins, and about half a box of black bobbins.

I have also used two whole spools of white, about 3 spools of ecru, about half a spool of navy blue, 1 1/2 spools of Mother goose, and half spools of about 10 or so other colors.

Archived