needle coming loose

seakitten

I have been trying to practice circles, & me needle keeps falling out. There must be a way to prevent this. Yes, I am sure that is is in correctly, and it is tightened as tight as I can possibly get it. OK, I was called "SpeedQuilter" even before I got this machine, but isn\'t speed the whole point of a longarm? So far it has not damaged the machine, but one needle shredded rather badly & another bent (within about 60 seconds of each other), so it is just a matter of time unless I can control this. I do not seem to be able to make a good circle slowly. Any suggestions?

Thanks Cheryl, I will try that. It is working fine as long as I do not attempt circles, so I guess I will never learn how to do them. Maybe I can get a new screw when I come to California in July. I have been told I have a screw loose, but this is a bit much . . .

Catherine,

The new screws from APQS are only 50 cents each - last time I placed an order, I ordered 2! They are soooo easy to drop and never find. But the shipping charge from APQS is minimum $5. If they have them here in the APQS booth (I\'m at MQS) would you like me to get you one and mail it to you? With the postage increase it\'ll cost you almost a buck! If they don\'t have them here, I can get my DH back home mail you one of my extras. Just let me know.

Archived