Fabric fading???

I\'m finishing up a tee shirt quilt for a friends graduation in a couple of weeks. Her school colors are yellow & bright blue.. How do I use blue fabric in sashing or borders & rest assured that it will not fade?? I\'ve pre-washed & tested, but seems like each time I see a little fading... Are there fabrics that will not fade like this??? What I have I purchased from Joann\'s quilting fabrics.... All suggestions appreciated!!!

Meemaw Marilyn

Not to poo poo Joann\'s fabrics (trust me I use tons of it myself), but if you aren\'t careful, some are not as good in quality as some of the others that they carry....the higher the price the better quality Joann\'s fabrics are. Several years ago, they started a gradation price scale. Their poorer quality is the cheaper price and their Keepsake line is the higher price...$5.99 and up.

As far as how to stop it from fading...I\'m not sure if the dye soaps will help or not...if the fabric is poorly processed there may not be anything you can do to save it...I\'m really not sure, maybe someone else has that answer.

;) You\'ve all convinced me to do the sensible thing. I made a run to my closest quilt shop & purchased my blue fabric... I talked to the gals & asked them the best way to keep the fading (hopefully none), but just in case. They gave me their thoughts & I\'m on my way to my blue border now...

I was just trying to use what I had without making another road trip & spending the $4.00 gasoline.. But, I guess the worry of the fabric outweighed the gasoline issue...

Thanks to all of you for offering your advice. I knew what I needed to do, just needed some proding....

Meemaw Marilyn

Archived