Light Bar Help

I am trying to remove the light bar, and I can\'t get the wires unplugged.... any help?

BarbM,

I\'m following the instructions you gave me (And to remove the light bar, you need to unscrew the four "thumbknobs" above your handles - they hold the handle on - and move the handle out of the way. Then you can see a pair of screws holding the angle bracket in place - you\'ll need your trusty Allen wrench to remove those. Don\'t forget to unplug the light bar from the head unit.) , but I can\'t figure out how to remove the actual light fixture from the clamp that the handles fit into (if I ever get the durn thing unplugged!!).

Arghh. I know that\'s clear as mud.

I will be grateful for any help you can give.

Cathy,

The light bar unplugs from the left side of the head, above where the handles plug in.

Once you get the light fixture/clamp off the head unit, you should be able to unscrew the light fixture from the clamp "base" - mine has a pair of brass phillips head screws that attach it.

If you run into problems, give me a call at (509) 447-3803 and I\'ll walk you through it. I just removed my light bar to make sure I knew what I was talking about...... I think.......

Archived