Fake Hawaiian Applique

Hi all. I posted a picture of some Hawaiian applique on another thread. It\'s a project for a designer that will be used to reupholster an antique couch. I\'ve been working on this pretty solid since MQS was over and the end is in sight. Anyway, one of the upholstery panels is a solid blue and just has the outline of the Hawaiian applique stitched on. I think this panel will be used for the back of the couch and it is 50 X 108". It came out really cool so I wanted to show it to all of you. Enjoy...

Debbi

post--13461899740856_thumb.jpg

Shana - There are 7 different panels. 4 of them have white applique blocks and 3 of them are solid blue fabric with the applique outline marked on the fabric. This picture is the front of one of the solid blue panels. I\'m not a fan of hawaiian applique, but I really like the effect of the blue panel. Way cool!! :cool::cool:

Jessica - Yes, she is getting charged a lot and you\'re right. This a TON of work. Fortunately, I was able to take some shortcuts that I wouldn\'t normally do because you won\'t ever see the back of any of the panels.

Debbi

Archived