Liberty lighting problems

I hope someone can help me with this. I have a very difficult time putting the light bulb in my Liberty and getting it to stay in place. I've broken one light fixture trying to put a bulb in. When I do finally get it in, it will fall out while I am stitching. You can imagine what that does to SID. With the Liberty you can't just replace the light fixture; you have to get a new handle unit since the light is part of the handles.

I've seen several people talk about moving the light on a Millinium, but I can't do that. Is there a way of adding on a light to the Liberty so that I can see what I am stitching and to thread the needle? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

Gary and Barbara,

Thanks for the idea about the gooseneck light. I'm going to look into that because I can always use more lighting! Connie is taking care of me by sending a new handle/lightbar unit. She says that will take care of other problems I'm having and if I squeeze the clips together a little the light will stay in place, too.

Thanks,

Phyllis

• 1 year later...

To all:

I have experienced this issue several times. If you will remove the handles and look at the sockets for the bulb (white at each end of the lamp) I think you will find that the contacts (brass) get out of allignment. (The repair is easier with the light fixture off the machine so you can turn it upside down to see the contacts easily.) I take a small screwdriver and realign the contacts. This has always solved the issue. This will also work for the Millie.

John

Archived