No Power

sonshinequilting

I was quilting along today and all of a sudden my Millie lost all power. I checked the outlet first - it works. I checked the fuses at the back where the power cord plugs in. They appear to be fine. I "wiggled" all the cords; nothing seems loose. Are there any other fuses inside the machine or things I could try before calling for maintenance?

I wish I could help you Donnita, I have a Lenni, and I don\'t even know where the fuses are, or how many, are in it..

Does it tell you anywhere in the manual, or show you in the cd you got with it.. if you got a cd..?

Hope something helps.. check the wall plug with a small lamp, or night light, too..

Good Luck.

RitaR

Hi Donita

What year is your Milli? I\'d swap the spare fuse with the one that is in the front and see if that helps and turn the machine off and wait a few minutes then try again.

Rita,

the fuses are in the black plate where your lead plugs into the machine. You will see a rectangle shape etched into that area. Remove the power cord and take a tiny flat screw driver just inside where the plug would go just next to that rectangle shape and prise forward and a "drawer" will slide out with two fuses in it. The one you can see is the one that is protecting your machine, the other is located behind it in a concealed drawer. My Lenni is on the way to a show right now along with the manual but I am almost certain instructions for replacing the fuses is in the manual.

Best wishes

sue in australia

:) Yeah! I guess I should not have trusted that the fuse "looked" okay. I swapped it with the one in the concealed drawer and that did the trick. Always learning something new. I never realized that the fuse in the concealed drawer was just a spare. I was in a panic mainly because my husband (who retired two years ago and occasionally gets underfoot) is going to be away visiting family for the next two weeks. I saw my expectations of getting caught up and having a chance to work on some of my own projects dwindling! The hope returns. :D

Archived