Velcro tape?

Question: When we were looking at various sewing machines in people's homes, one lady showed me that she put about 1" piece of Velcro tape on her machine..somewhere in the vicinity above the thread quide

so that if the thread broke, the velcro would "catch" it and keep it from winding around the "wheel" of the machine.

Well, the thread broke, wound around the "wheel" and now I recall the velcro hint, but don't remember exactly where it was positioned.

If some one could tell me, or offer any hints as to what to do when the thread breaks and it sails thru the air, please let me know. ML

Mary Lou,

Are you having problems with your thread doing this? If not, I would not worry about it. (Anyone else correct me if you think I am wrong). Where I live in No. Ca. it is a pretty dry climate. There is not static electricity in the air to cause the thread to be drawn into the fly wheel. This has never been a problem for me. (Knock on wood!)

Cheryl

Guest Linda S

You can cut the core of an empty thread cone in half and tape it over your fly wheel. This will allow the flywheel to keep moving and keep the thread out of it.

Linda

The flywheel cover is a great help, but I may stick a piece of Velcro on too..as I have had the thread go into the machine in the opening thru the thread guide after I put a cover over the flywheel....and Cheryl it doesn't get any drier than where I live and I have the problem all the time when the thread breaks...sounds like you have had better luck than I do.

Hester:cool:

Archived