Hopping foot visibility

cherylsterling

I do a lot of freehand work and am having trouble seeing with the foot I currently have. I have seen older machines with a foot that has better visibility. It is notched out in the front. Does APQS have any of these laying around they wouldn't mind parting with? I didn't see them for sale on the main site. Or does anyone know of a supplier of industrial machine feet that would fit out machines?

I had the foot with the cut-out and found it problematic. I could not use my rulers in front of the hopping foot - they kept wanting to slide in the cut-out area. I much prefer the filled in version. I don't have any problems with seeing, but am usually looking ahead. So before you try to alter your foot, think about how much and how you use your rulers.

Kari

Brooklyn Park, MN

I don't really use rulers in my work. I do mostly freehand and need to see where I am going in order to backtrack over my stitching. I often sit while quilting as well and that effects my visibility. Visit my website and check out my quilts. I do a lot of art quilting and a lot of the time I need to see where the needle is landing instead of anticipating where it is going.

Hi Cheryl,

I have an original hopping foot that I wouldn't mind parting with. I also have the plastic adapter that you snap on if you ever decide to use rulers. This foot does not have a cut-out in the front, though, if that's what you are looking for. Please e-mail me if interested @ sewgofish@earthlink.net

Archived